Raising awareness for testicular cancer by appreciating beards!
There are two things men are fighting for now days... 1. the freedom for culture and corporations to let go of their weird obsession with clean shaven faces; and, 2. the ability to recognize, detect, and prevent testicular cancer... that killer of our masculinity. So, we combined the two!
Let's be straightforward and blunt... this is about men and their livelihood - particularly their family jewels. No not their inheritance, their actual testicles. This is about a disease so cruel and so forbidding that men don't even want to talk about it... We're referring to testicular cancer.
According to the American Cancer Association, 1 of every 270 men will develop this crippling disease at some point in their lives, the average age being 33 years old. It's the leading cancer in men and boys from 15-35!!! I don't know about you, but as parents, that scares us!
There is hope however, because we live in an age where women can directly ask for support for their breasts, men have an equal fighting chance for their equipment. And it all starts with early detection and self checks.
But... programs to bring awareness to early detection aren't free. And that's where YOU come in.
- Testicular cancer is the leading cancer in men ages 15-35
- In this age group, more men will die of testicular cancer than women of breast cancer
- Every hour a male is diagnosed with testicular cancer
- 1 of every 270 men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer
- If detected early, testicular cancer is over 95% curable